Le Calice de Saint Pierre
Châteauneuf du Pape
Le Calice de Saint Pierre white cuvee is a complexe and fresh wine
- GRAPE VARIETIES: Grenache 75%, clairette 20%, Bourboulenc 5%.
- TERROIR : Limestone soils of Galiguières and pebbles on « Chemin de Sorgues ».
- VINIFICATION METHOD & AGEING: 50% fermentation and ageing in inow tank – 50% fermentation and ageing with batonnages in 500L barrels.
- TASTING NOTES: Pale yellow color with golden reflections. On the nose, first notes of lightly toasted almond, then an explosion of white flowers and pear to finish on beeswax. In the mouth we find the fullness of the pebble terroirs as well as the freshness and minerality of the limestone terroirs, we finish with a beautiful salinity, white fruits and mirabelle plum. Great ageing potential for this wine 10-20 years.
- WINE AND FOOD PAIRING: Sushis, white fish in sauce, Comté.