L’Héritage de Pollus
Châteauneuf du Pape
L’Héritage de Pollus is a 100% centenary grenaches planted by our ancestor nicknamed « Pollus » on the terroir of Coste Froide.
- GRAPE VARIETIES: 100% centenary grenaches.
- TERROIR : Sand and pebble soil of Coste Froide, a very old parcel planted in 1895.
- VINIFICATION METHOD: fermentation in oak tronconic tank, long macreation of 5 weeks with pumpovers and delestages.
- AGEING: Aged in Demi-muids for 12-18 months.
- TASTING NOTES: Deep and concentrated garnet color. First toasted notes. Aromas of cocoa, dried rose, jammy black cherry then liquorice take over. The palate is powerful, rich and the tannins are present. A nice sweetness and a finish of rare length. Ageing 15-25 years.
- WINE AND FOOD PAIRING: Lamb tagine, stews, game.