Le Calice de Saint Pierre
Châteauneuf du Pape
Le Calice de Saint Pierre red cuvee is a blend of the 4 differents terroirs of Chateauneuf du Pape, which gives him powerness, freshness and length.
- GRAPE VARIETIES: Grenache 85%, Mourvèdre 10%, Syrah 5%.
- TERROIR : A blend of the 4 different terroirs of Chateauneuf du Pape.
- VINIFICATION METHOD: Long maceration in concrete tanks.
- AGEING: 12 months in foudres (50%), barrels (30%) and concrete tank (20%).
- TASTING NOTES: Deep garnet color with purple reflections. On the nose, complex aromas of stewed red fruit (blackcurrant, blackberry, crushed strawberry, etc.), prune jam, notes of almonds. An expression of garrigue on the palate with a mineral finish and smoky notes. A great wine for ageing 10-20 years.
- WINE AND FOOD PAIRING: Red meet in sauce, quail, pigeon, duck.