Saint Augustin cuvée is a Lirac wine with finesse and freshness thanks to its sandy and limestone terroirs.
- GRAPE VARIETIES: Grenache 85%, syrah 10%, Carignan 5%.
- TERROIR : Grenache and Carignan are situated on sandy soils of Maussan( Saint Laurent des Arbres) and the syrah are on limestone terroirs.
- VINIFICATION METHOD: long maceration in concrete tanks.
- AGEING: barrels (20%) and concrete tank (80%).
- TASTING NOTES: Ruby color, purplish reflections. The first nose reveals aromas of blueberry jam then blackcurrant, black fruits enhanced with a minty note. The palate is straight, compact and mineral on a smoky finish. Wine for aging 5-15 years.
- WINE AND FOOD PAIRING: Ripe rib of beef, Sirloin steak with shallots.